Engineering and construction projects pose unique challenges, even when things go right. But when things go wrong, the difficult can suddenly look like the impossible.
Civil engineering expert consultant Steven P. Viani, PE, has decades of hard-won experience that makes him uniquely prepared to quickly identify and resolve difficult engineering and construction cases, many of which have been settled before reaching a courtroom.
I believe preparation is necessary for a successful outcome. I have a track record of winning engineering and construction cases worth millions of dollars quickly and early because I’m prepared to win.STEVEN P. VIANI, PE
Civil Engineering Expert Consultant Cases
Over more than 43 years, Steve’s developed his civil engineering expertise by working on a vast number of projects that involved landslides, soil testing, water damage, fire repairs, subsurface water intrusion, hazardous waste remediation, jet grouting, micropiles, structural investigations, insurance claims, subrogation, construction defects, and errors and omissions.
Steve has held senior-level positions in construction, consulting and governmental entities. He has managed, directed or performed projects ranging from $200,000 micropile design/build projects to $20 million site remediations, including many large and significant environmental and geotechnical construction projects as a direct hire contractor. In addition, he has more than 25 years of experience managing business units and design departments with total P+L responsibility and a staff of up to 35 people.
When he’s not consulting on civil engineering projects for clients, he’s often engineering his own projects at his family vineyard, Viani Vineyards in El Dorado County, where Steve was the first grower in California to plant Falanghina grapes.
Steve grows several other Italian grape varietals at Viani Vineyards, including Barbera, Nero d’Avola, Arneis and Montepulciano, on his property near Sacramento. He counts two horses, three sheep, two dogs and two cats as his helpers around the farm.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, California State University, Sacramento
- Graduate courses in Geotechnical Engineering
- Continuing education classes in claims avoidance, negotiations and project management
- OSHA 40-hour training
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACOE) Construction Quality Management Certification
Civil Engineering Expert Licensing
Steve is a highly qualified civil engineering expert consultant. He is a registered civil engineer in California, Arizona, Washington and Hawaii.
He is licensed by the state of California Contractors State License Board (view license online at CSLB). He holds Class A General Engineering Contractor and Class B General Building Contractor licenses, and Hazardous Substance Removal Certification.
Civil Engineering License Numbers:
- California – #C30965 (view at Cal.gov)
- Arizona – #51709 (view at AZ.gov)
- Washington – #24320 (view at WA.gov)
- Hawaii – #18323 (view at Hawaii.gov)
California Contractor’s Licenses:
- Contractors State License Board No. 945198 (view at CSLB)
- Class “A” — General Engineering Contractor (view at CSLB)
- Class “B” — General Building Contractor (view at CSLB)
- Hazardous Substance Removal Certification (view at CSLB)
Certified Property Appraiser & Umpire:
- Certified by the IAUA (Insurance Appraisal and Umpire Association). View Steve’s official certification at the Insurance Appraisal and Umpire Association, Inc. website.
Contact an Expert Civil Engineering Consultant to Discuss Your Case
To request expert civil engineering help, call (916) 952-8503 to discuss your case with Steve Viani, PE. If you prefer, contact Steve online.