Over a dedicated engineering career spanning more than 40 years, Steven P. Viani has become a trusted California insurance and construction claims expert.
Steve is an IAUA Certified Property Appraiser and Umpire who has produced detailed reports on insurance files for both the insured and the insurance companies.
He has extensive knowledge, understanding and ability to apply Section 2695.9 of the California Fair Claims Settlement Practices Regulations.
California Insurance & Construction Claims Experience
Steve’s provided his highly specialized expertise to ensure liability is accurately assigned on subrogation cases and produced detailed reports for nearly all of the insurance cases he’s worked on.
While some of these insurance and construction claim cases in California have resulted in litigation, most have been settled before reaching court.
Steve is prepared in the report and deposition phase and advances successful arguments that can allow for settlement to occur. He has provided engineering expert services and construction engineering expert witness services in a wide range of cases in California and across the United States.
Insurance & Construction Claim Expert Cases:
- Tree and vehicle impact on structures
- Water intrusion through walls, windows and roofs and resulting damage
- Fire damage and the effects of fire suppression damage
- Construction defects and cost estimates
- Roof construction issues
- Soils issues
- Operational issues
- Design issues
- Latent construction defects
- Fair Claims Settlement Practices
- Concrete and steel design issues, including high heat situations
- Flooding, surface water and groundwater issues
- Building repair methodology and estimation of repair costs
- Construction accident reconstruction
- Special engineering and investigative studies
- Construction site accident investigation
- Explosion damage assessments
- Retaining wall assessments
- Foundation assessments
- Assessment of relevant codes and conformance to codes and standards
- Subrogation issues
- Certified Property Appraiser and Umpire by the the IAUA (Insurance Appraisal and Umpire Association)
Steve and I have worked together for over 20 years on a variety of projects where I manage the field work and Steve manages the client, paperwork and conformance to specifications.
On numerous occasions he has successfully identified and negotiated change orders for the heavy civil work we performed. He understands the construction process and has always kept us out of trouble and profitable.
ED B.SACRAMENTO DRILLING
Ask a Construction Claims Expert
Steve Viani, PE, is a licensed civil engineer and Certified Property Appraiser and Umpire, and an expert in construction claims. Call (916) 952-8503 now to discuss your construction claims case with Steve. Or contact Steve online about your construction claim.