The legacy of private and public sector activity over the last 150 years is a variety of conditions where hazardous wastes have impacted the environment and public health. The types of responses available for remediation are multi-faceted – and there is no one best answer.
Hazardous Waste Remediation Requires a Multi-Faceted Response
The solution depends on location, cost, impact, contaminant type, number of potentially responsible parties, type of medium- and long-term use of the property. Steven P. Viani has experience dealing with a variety of contaminants across a large number of contaminated sites, including Superfund sites. He can assist in the evaluation of the many factors and identify the best solution, based on client needs and expectations for a successful outcome.
Hazardous Waste Engineering Expert Projects & Superfund Sites:
- Developed a Remedial Investigation /Feasibility Study for the Purity Oil Sales Superfund site in Malaga, CA. Site was former oil processor that had filled on-site ponds and ASTs (aboveground storage tanks) with construction debris.
- Oversaw the remediation of the Jibboom Superfund Site in Sacramento, CA. and developed the remedial design.
- Developed a Remedial Investigation/Feasibility Study/Remedial Design/Remediation for the removal of PCBs and PAHs from a site in Norwalk, CA. Clean closure granted.
- Site manager for the McColl Superfund site remediation in Fullerton, CA, a site impacted with refinery wastes.
- Designed and remediated 2,500 CY TCA-impacted soil inside an existing manufacturing structure in Southern California.
- Designed, permitted and remediated 70,000 CY of TPH-impacted soil removal for the closure of the C plant in Burbank, California. Clean closure granted.
- Oversaw the design and construction of a groundwater treatment facility for pesticide contaminated soils in Fresno, California as well as excavation of 10,000 CY of pesticide soils.
- Project manager for the Kyocera facility in Sorrento Valley, CA. Project involved leaking UST solvent tank that impacted groundwater and adjacent wetlands and ponds. Project included on-site and off-site investigation, development of remedial alternatives, permitting and monitoring.
- Developed environmental analysis for portion of former Superfund site that was removed from Superfund designation to assess impacts on that piece of property.
- Remediated a PCP-impacted groundwater plume using funnel-gate technology at a wood treatment facility.
- Remediated a TCE/TCA impacted groundwater plume using a Deep Soil Mix (DSM) wall that was 65 feet deep and had a surface area of 50,000 SF at an active rail yard.
- Completed the remediation of the Capri Pumping Services site in East Los Angeles, CA. Site was contaminated with heavy metals.